THIS IS MY INTERNET COMMISSION FORM
NOTE: If you want to commission me for commercial work, please contact me through e-mail.
Online Portfolio Sketch Blog Tegki-E DA Gallery
CONTACT: FLAT.CAT.STUDIO(a)GMAIL.COM or note me
Because taking commissions over the internet is a very relaxed affair, I will spare you the pages of legal print. But you still need to read...
THE FINE PRINT
- All art done at these prices is for your personal use and enjoyment. I use Paypal. Payment is required before the piece is delivered. It is yours; you may post it on your blog or website, print out copies of it, hang it on your wall, etc. but you may NOT modify the work and display it. I retain the right to refuse a commission. This is NOT work-for-hire; I retain the right to display these images, and to use them in my portfolio. This is NOT an opportunity for you to go through dozens of revisions, unless you are willing to pay me fairly for my time. See "THE BUYING PROCESS" below for more details. I will not plagiarize another artist's work or style. Emulation is legal, and giving me images to work off of is helpful, but please do not expect me to BE that artist, or to be able to recreate a work. If you do re-post the image please credit me and link back to my sketch blog or DeviantArt page. All prices are in $US (USD). If you are outside of the continental US, an extra charge for shipping traditional pieces applies. All commissions may be either DIGITAL or TRADITIONAL. If traditional, I will send you the original. The shipping is built into the price unless you are outside the continental US. If digital you receive a high-res image via e-mail.
TEA PENCIL GOUACHE
- Similar to the above process, but with full color $50-80Simple Full Color to Complex Full Color 1 and Complex Full Color 2 Standard Size: 5"x7" No images larger than 8"x10"
DRAWING / SKETCH
- $15-25 normal 1 normal 2 and on tonal paper sketch (ColErase and Graphite Pencil) $25see the illustrations for "Catharsis" sketch and grayscale/limited palette $50 simple sketch and digital flats $80+ example digitally painted sketch No images larger than 8.5"x11"
ICONS & AVATARS
- $7JPEG icon example (with BG color or texture) PNG icon example (transparent BG) These are 300, 200 & 100 pixels square I work at 300 pixels and then re-size and optimize for web. You will receive all three sizes of icon.
- $15(monochromatic or two-colored) Monochromatic or limited palette $25(example) Full color. Fish or other animals preferable.
CHARACTER AND CREATURE CONCEPT WORK
THE BUYING PROCESS
- You contact me. At this point, you only give me enough information to get an idea of what this project will be and how much it will cost.
- I contact you back. I accept the commission and ask for more information, or I turn you down. Rare, but I won't say I'll take every job. (NOTE: If my commission slots are full, I will give your project priority in the waiting list.)
- You send me as much information as you feel appropriate. This includes examples of art I have done that you would like this piece to resemble, character sheets, pose reference, photos etc.
- I make preliminary sketches and send them to you.
- You approve one sketch and/or note any revisions you'd like done.
- I send you an in-progress file.
- Depending on the medium, at this point, you can make changes within reason. With smaller commissions this step will be skipped.
- I send you the final image. If it is a traditional media piece I will mail it to you, as well as e-mail you a high-quality scan.
EXCEPTIONS AND ADDENDUMS
- Any additional revisions other that the ones stated above will cost you extra. Revisions take extra time and interrupt my work schedule. If you see something in my gallery and think "I want something like that!" but you're not sure which category it fits into, feel free to e-mail me and we will work out a price. All prices refer to a single character image. Add 50% of the base price for each additional character. You can always opt out of the approval steps if you want it to be a surprise. As a courtesy, I will reduce the price $5-15 if you choose to do this.
- All traditional pieces will be 8.5 x 11 inches unless otherwise requested. Digital pieces will be approximately 2550 x 3300 pixels, the equivalent of a traditional piece scanned at a resolution of 300 dpi. Variations from the standard size may result in changes in price.